Frequent outages, total power shut downs, limited gas distribution pipeline networks and a saturated national grid. This means many countries are still reliant on diesel as their main source of power generation.
In fact, some of the countries where Mantrac operates hold some of the world’s largest gas reserves. What’s more, three of Mantrac territories (Russia, Nigeria, Iraq) are amongst the top 5 gas flaring countries. Hence, the huge potential to provide businesses with a combined diesel electric power alternative. Over the past decades, Mantrac has been developing and driving an integrated solution in terms of power systems and gas supply.
Today, Mantrac is at the forefront of technological advancements in Dynamic Gas Blending™ (DGB) systems. Many businesses that were previously using diesel as their sole source of power generation are now seeking to replace this with cleaner, more cost-effective alternatives - such as natural gas and renewable energies.
Over the last few years, there has been a huge increase in the demand for a reliable gas and dual fuel power solution. Mantrac has answered to this by delivering the Dual Fuel kit designed and built by Caterpillar. This allows customers who have electronic diesel 3512 and 3516 engines to use up to 70% gas substitution - without impacting the performance of the engine.
There are over 1,500 engines currently running across Mantrac territories that are compatible with DGB technology. Two groups of customers can benefit from this technology:
- Land Drilling companies that use 3512B/C engines to power their rigs
- Industrial companies using 3516B diesel engines for Electric Power purposes to run their business.
By fitting their engines with Dynamic Gas Blending technology, Mantrac can help their customers deliver a significant ROI by reducing fuel costs by up to 70%. The DGB system is fully integrated with the engine control system, optimising engine performance. More importantly, it also ensures the engine always operates within safe parameters, while blending diesel and natural gas.
In addition to uncompromising reliability, safety, performance and savings, DGB offers several other benefits:
- Reduced commissioning times facilitated by single-point interface for engine, generator, and DGB functions
- Maintains existing service intervals and component life, eliminating extra servicing costs
- Meets and exceeds emissions certification requirements for diesel products
- Ability to accept a range of gas quality; the system automatically adjusts to fuel quality, eliminating the need for field calibration
For all Mantrac customers with 3412 and 3516 electronic diesel engines, DGB proves to be a lucrative add-on in terms of productivity, fuel costs and the bottom line.
Learn more at Mantrac's dedicated DGB webpage.