A quiet cab, efficient power systems and smart technologies mean happier operators and more profit from every task you throw at the Cat® M320D2 Wheeled Excavator. Built to take on the toughest conditions, the M320D2 offers optional configurations and attachments to handle most any job site need.
PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY
Cat C7.1 engine meets EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.Engine fuel system designed to manage world-wide fuel quality an…
- Cat C7.1 engine meets EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- Engine fuel system designed to manage world-wide fuel quality and provide outstanding low fuel consumption during both working and traveling applications.
- One-Touch Low Idle Control and Automatic Engine Speed Control reduces engine speed if no operation is performed, reducing fuel consumption and sound levels.
- Three working modes: Power mode, Eco Mode and Travel mode.
- Constant Power Strategy, providing a quick response to changing loads, while delivering the same amount of power.
- Choice of various booms and sticks provides the right balance of reach and digging forces for all applications.
- Dedicated Swing Pump allows faster and smoother combined movements when using the implements while swinging.
EXPAND YOUR CAPABILITIES
Multiple configurations meet all your applications needs, with a choice of booms, sticks, blade and/or stabilizer undercarriages.H…
- Multiple configurations meet all your applications needs, with a choice of booms, sticks, blade and/or stabilizer undercarriages.
- Highly mobile, the M320D2 can travel up to 37 km/h.
- Standard one-way high pressure hydraulics allow customers to install attachments like hammers without adding other lines.
- Ten hydraulic pump flow and pressure settings can be preset within the monitor allowing quicker and easier attachment (optional).
- A lifting eye into the bucket linkage, the heavy lift mode and the overload warning signal allow operators to safely lift heavy loads.
- Wide range of Cat attachments to handle any job at hand.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND SAFETY
ROPS cab structure and Operator Protective Structure (top and front guards) are available.Ergonomically designed cab with controls…
- ROPS cab structure and Operator Protective Structure (top and front guards) are available.
- Ergonomically designed cab with controls kept to a minimum, conveniently located and easy to operate.
- The optional air-suspension seat, with automatic weight adjustment and heated cushions enhance comfort and productivity.
- Safety is enhanced by the all-round visibility provided by large glass areas and skylight and the standard rear-mounted camera image displayed on the full color monitor.
- Low sound levels, as a result of the variable fan speed and remote cooling system enabling.
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
500 hours fuel filter replacement (reduced to 250 hours if fuel quality is sub-standard) allows reduced maintenance cost.All daily…
- 500 hours fuel filter replacement (reduced to 250 hours if fuel quality is sub-standard) allows reduced maintenance cost.
- All daily maintenance points are accessible from ground level.
- Clean design, with colored and numbered electrical wires, protected by thick braiding for ease of service.
- Greasing points are centralized and kept to a minimum.
- Cat XT™-6 ES hoses are resistant and durable, which reduce the risk of leaks that can reduce the performance of the machine.
- Rigidity and long life with effective transmission protection and heavy duty axle.
- Standard heavy duty batteries for improved cold start capability.
INTEGRATED CAT TECHNOLOGIES
Cat technology solutions increase production and minimize operating costs. Link technologies wirelessly connect you to your job si…
- Cat technology solutions increase production and minimize operating costs. Link technologies wirelessly connect you to your job site, providing machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time
and event codes.
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Alternator, 75 ampere
- Lights: – Halogen working lights
- Cab mounted: two front, one rear
- Halogen front lights
- LED rear lights
- Main shut-off switch
- Two Cat maintenance free heavy-duty batteries
- Signal/warning horn
- Cat C7.1 meets China III Nonroad emission standards and meets Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards
- Automatic engine speed control, including one touch low idle
- Automatic starting aid
- Power mode selector (Eco and standard)
- Altitude capability: 3000 m
- Fuel/water separator with level indicator, fuel priming pump, water level switch and a visual restriction indicator
- Cat XT-6 ES hoses
- Adjustable hydraulic sensitivity
- Oil cooler
- Anti-drift valve for bucket cylinder
- Hydraulic mineral oil, Cat HYDO™ Advanced 10 oil
- Heavy lift mode
- Load-sensing hydraulic system
- Separate swing pump
- Stick regeneration circuit
- Reinforced cab structure compliant with 2006/42/EC (tested according to ISO 12117-2:2008) (Not available in all markets. Available only for Africa, Middle East and Eurasia. Please contact your Cat dealer for details.)
- Washer bottle for wipers
- Interior lighting
- Joysticks, pilot operated
- Literature compartment behind the seat
- Mounting provisions for radio and speakers
- Adjustable armrests
- Air conditioner, heater and defroster with automatic climate control
- Ash tray with cigarette lighter (24 volt)
- Beverage cup/can holder
- Bolt-on guards capability
- Bottle holder
- Bottom mounted, intermittent, parallel wiping system that covers the upper and lower windshield glass
- Camera mounted on counterweight displays through cab monitor
- Coat hook
- Floor mat, washable, with storage compartment
- Instrument panel and gauges, with full color monitor display: – Information and warning messages in local language – Gauges for fuel level, engine coolant and hydraulic oil temperature – Filters/fluids change interval – Indicators for headlights, turning signal, low fuel, engine dial setting – Clock with 10-day backup battery
- Laminated front windshield
- Left side console, tiltable, with lock out for all controls
- Literature holder in right hand cab panel
- Mobile phone holder
- Parking brake
- Positive filtered ventilation, variable speed
- Power supply, 12V-7A
- Rear window, emergency exit
- Retractable seat belt, 51 mm
- Sliding door windows
- Steering column, tiltable
- Storage area suitable for a lunch box
- Sunshade for windshield and skylight
- Travel speed lock
- Hydrostatic transmission, two speeds
- Creeper speed
- Full hydraulic steering with emergency capability
- Four wheel drive
- Two-piece drive shaft
- Heavy Duty axles, with advanced disc brake system and travel motor with adjustable breaking force
- Oscillating front axle, lockable, with remote greasing point
- Steps, wide, left and right
- Toolbox, left and right
- Automatic swing brake
- Counterweight, 4000 kg
- Mirrors, frame and cab
- Cat Product Link
- Capability to add other auxiliary hydraulic circuits
- Caterpillar Datalink and Electronic Technician capability
- Door locks and cab locks with Caterpillar one-key security system
- S∙O∙S quick sampling valves for engine oil, hydraulic oil and coolant
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
AUXILIARY CONTROLS AND LINES
- Auxiliary boom and stick lines
- Basic control circuits: – Medium pressure<ul><li>Two-way, medium pressure circuit, for rotating or tilting of work tools</li></ul>– Tool control/multi function<ul><li>One/two-way high pressure for hammer application or opening and closing of a work tool</li><li>Programmable flow and pressure for up to 10 work tools – selection via monitor</li><li>Quick coupler control</li></ul>
- Pattern changer
- Booms: – One-piece boom, 5350 mm – VA boom (two piece), 5260 mm
- Bucket linkage with diverter valve (Standard for Africa, Middle East and Eurasia)
- Sticks: – 2500, 2800 mm
- Overload warning device (Standard for Africa, Middle East and Eurasia)
- Boom and stick lowering control devices (Standard for Africa, Middle East and Eurasia)
- Travel alarm with or without three selectable modes
- Refueling pump
- Lights: – Rotating beacon on cab
- Front and top guards
- CD/MP3 Radio (12V) at rear location including speakers and 12V converter
- Windshield: – One piece – 70/30 split, openable, with visor for rain protection
- Seats: – Vertical mechanical suspension with manual weight adjustment and mechanical lumbar support – Vertical air suspension, horizontal suspension, automatic weight adjustment, mechanical lumbar support, passive climate system, seat cushion length and angle adjustment and a seat heater
- Auxiliary high pressure pedal
- Undercarriages: – Blade front/outriggers rear – Outriggers front/blade rear – Outriggers front and rear (Not available in all markets. Please contact your Cat dealer for details.)
- Tires: – Pneumatic 10.00-20 dual – Solid rubber 10.00-20 dual (Not available in all markets. Please contact your Cat dealer for details.) – Spacer rings for tires – Fenders (Not available in all markets. Please contact your Cat dealer for details.)
- Cat Machine Security System (MSS)
- Uppercarriage access steps with integrated tool box
- Cab protecting guards, front and top
Engine Model Cat C7.1 Net Power 169 HP Bore 4.13 in Stroke 5.31 in Displacement 427.8 in³ Maximum Torque - 1,400 rpm 635.8 lb/ft Net Power - Maximum - ISO 14396 at 2,000 rpm (Gross) 173 HP Net Power - Maximum - ISO 9249 at 1,800 rpm 169 HP Engine Gross Power (Maximum) - ISO 14396 173 HP Ratings 2000 r/min Number of Cylinders 6 Emission Standards U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards and China III Nonroad emission standards Net Power - Rated - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 166 HP Net Power - Maximum - 80/1269/EEC 166 HP Engine Gross Power (Maximum) - ISO 14396 - Metric 175 HP Net Power (Rated) - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 - Metric 168 HP Net Power (Maximum) - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (metric) 168 HP Net Power - Rated - 80/1269/EEC 166 HP Net Power - Maximum - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 166 HP
Operating Weight 19 000 to 19 800 kg (41,888 to 43,652 lb) Weight - Counterweight - Standard 8818 lb Weight - VA Boom - Front Dozer, Rear Outriggers 43652 lb Weight - Sticks - Long (2800 mm) 2138 lb Weight - One-Piece Boom - Front Dozer, Rear Outriggers 42549 lb Weight - Sticks - Medium (2500 mm) 2050 lb
Swing Speed 9.2 r/min Swing Torque 32010.2 lb/ft
Maximum Flow - Swing Mechanism 29.59 gal/min Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Swing Mechanism 4496 psi Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure 2683 psi Maximum Flow - Implement/Travel Circuit 73.97 gal/min Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure 5076 psi Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Travel Circuit 5076 psi Tank Capacity 44.91 gal (US) System 71.33 gal (US) Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure 12.94 gal/min Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Normal 5076 psi Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Heavy Lift 5366 psi Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure 66.04 gal/min
Drawbar Pull 22256 lb Maximum Gradeability 60% Creeper Speed - 1st Gear 2 mile/h Creeper Speed - 2nd Gear 8 mile/h Forward/Reverse - 1st Gear 5 mile/h Forward/Reverse - 2nd Gear 23 mile/h
Service Refill Capacities
Engine Crankcase 4.89 gal (US) Final Drive 0.66 gal (US) Powershift Transmission 0.66 gal (US) Rear Axle - Housing (Differential) 3.7 gal (US) Cooling System 9.64 gal (US) Front Steering Axle - Differential 2.77 gal (US) Fuel Tank - Total Capacity 101.71 gal (US)
Standard 10.00-20 (Dual Pneumatic)
Ground Clearance 14.57 in Maximum Steering Angle 35° Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - End of One-Piece Boom 326.77 in Oscillation Axle Angle ±8.5° Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - End of VA Boom 275.59 in Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - Outside of Tire 251.97 in
Bucket Capacities 0.35 to 1.18 m3 (0.46 to 1.54 yd3)
Maximum Digging Depth 20.3 ft Maximum Reach - Ground Level 31 ft
Maximum Travel Speed 23 mile/h
Width 100.39 in Blade Roll - Over Height 22.68 in Blade Type Parallel
Operator Sound - 2000/14/EC 74 dB(A) Spectator Sound - 2000/14/EC 103 dB(A)
Cab - FOPS Cab with FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) meets FOPS criteria ISO 10262:1998 and SAE J1356:2008 Cab/Sound Levels Meets appropriate standards as listed in “Sound Performance” Note *Not available in all markets. Available only for Africa, Middle East and Eurasia. Please contact your Cat dealer for details. Cab/ROPS* ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) cab offered by Caterpillar meets ROPS criteria ISO 12117-2:2008
Vibration Levels - Seat Transmissibility Factor - ISO 7096:2000 - Spectral Class EM6 less than 0.7 m/s2 Fluids (Optional) - Biodiesel Up to B20 Meets EN14214 or ASTM D6751 with EN590 or ASTM D975 Standard Mineral diesel fuels Engine Emissions Meets China III Nonroad; Meets Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent Vibration Levels - Maximum Whole Body - ISO/TR 25398:2006 less than 0.5 m/s2 Vibration Levels - Maximum Hand/Arm - ISO 5349:2001 less than 2.5 m/s2
Frequently Compared Machines
See how this model compares against similar machines to find the perfect match.
We have an extensive team of experts to help you enhance every aspect of your operations.