Operate excavators while staying protected from hazards
Cat 2D E-fence is an excavator safety feature that keeps the front linkage within a predefined work area to avoid hazards such as traffic.
2D E-fence uses data from position sensors to automatically stop motion when the front linkage reaches the operator defined boundaries.
Keep you and your co-workers out of harm’s way.
Avoid repairs, downtime, and costly jobsite fines.
Set your fence and go to work with greater confidence.
Jobsite safety requires constant attention. Cat® Detect technologies help you stay vigilant.
Lower Costs, Improve Safety
- Minimize jobsite costs by avoiding downtime due to a damaged excavator.
- Avoid possible fines from damaging underground utilities or other structures.
- Work safer with less ground personnel checking grade in the trench or around your excavator.
- Easy setup and simple operation reduce operating fatigue from overswinging or overdigging.
Work Above Ground
- E-ceiling helps you avoid overhead obstacles such as power lines, bridges, and overhead structures.
- E-ceiling sets your height boundary above your excavator through the touchscreen monitor and your boom and stick will be stopped from breaking that boundary.
Work Below Ground
- E-floor helps you avoid fiber optic cables and underground utilities.
- E-floor sets your depth boundary below your excavator through the touchscreen monitor and your boom and stick will be stopped from breaking that boundary.
Reach Out Front
- E-wall sets your wall boundary in front of your excavator through the touchscreen monitor and your boom and stick will be stopped from breaking that boundary.
Swing Without Restriction
- E-swing helps you avoid swinging into obstacles to the side of the machine such as live traffic and structures.
- E-swing sets your swing boundaries to the side of your excavator through the touchscreen monitor and your boom and stick will be stopped from swinging past your set boundaries.
Work Up Close
- Cab avoidance helps you avoid contact between your bucket or hammer and the cab.
- Cab avoidance sets your cab boundary through the touchscreen monitor and bucket or hammer will be stopped from moving past your set boundary.
More technology from Cat Detect
View other Cat technology that can you manage your fleet and transform
performance with real-time, usable data.