The Cat 725C2 offers proven reliability, durability, high productivity, superior operator comfort and lower operating costs. Updating the 725C to include all axle enclosed wet brakes and automatic traction control results in class leading levels of performance and operator comfort make for a productive machine all day long.
Every Tier 2/Stage II equivalent Cat engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment comp…
- Every Tier 2/Stage II equivalent Cat engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components.
- Proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreament components for peak performance and longevity.
- Emissions control and improved fuel economy.
- Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
- Innovative air management optimizes airflow, power, efficiency and reliability.
- The Cat TH31 six-speed forward, single speed reverse transmission features Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) and Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC) which deliver smooth gear changes with improved acceleration and higher productivity.
- Large capacity torque converter, configured for off-highway applications, allows the higher engine power to be transmitted more efficiently to the lower power train.
- The engine compression brake improves retarding response and increases retarding power.
Automatic Traction Control (ATC) engages inter and cross-axle differential locks on-the-go giving the operator optimum traction as…
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) engages inter and cross-axle differential locks on-the-go giving the operator optimum traction as conditions change.
- Clutches release automatically to avoid conflict during tight turns.
- ATC reduces tire and driveline wear, eliminating lost efficiency that can occur with improper manual operation.
- Regeneration system provides on-the-go regeneration when conditions are right and low idle regeneration. Operator can initiate manual regeneration by stopping the machine and pressing the regeneration switch.
All three axles promote stability using oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods. Operate at productive speeds with confidence w…
- All three axles promote stability using oscillating a-frames with lateral tie rods. Operate at productive speeds with confidence while virtually eliminating impact loads on truck components.
- The front suspension oscillates ±6° controlled by large-bore, low-pressure cylinders to assist in a smooth ride.
- The rear suspension features a walking beam and long-life suspension mounts optimizing ride and load retention.
- New fully enclosed wet disc brake systems inside of axles keeps contaminants out extending machine life and ensuring uptime.
Spacious cab delivers comfort all shift long.Trainer/passenger seat is fully padded with wide, retractable seat belt for security…
- Spacious cab delivers comfort all shift long.
- Trainer/passenger seat is fully padded with wide, retractable seat belt for security and comfort.
- Storage area behind the operator is larger with easier access.
- Air-suspension seat offers greater comfort, adjustable damping and ride zone indicator. Fully adjustable allowing the optimal operating position.
- Standard cooling/heating system ensures comfort in all conditions.
- Optional four-point seat belt is available to help operator stay in position and comfortable in rugged terrain.
- Integrated, wrap-around dash means all gauges and controls are easy to monitor and access. Automotive feel with Caterpillar's renowned industrial strength.
- Color display panel provides performance and condition pages, and includes video feed from the rearview camera and machine payload (when fitted).
- Optional Bluetooth™ entertainment system allows operator to stay in hands-free phone contact.
Box section front and rear frames absorb stress loads and optimize suspension geometry.Dump body design provides a large target ar…
- Box section front and rear frames absorb stress loads and optimize suspension geometry.
- Dump body design provides a large target area for consistent high-load carrying capacity increasing productivity.
- Output transfer gear distributes power to tractor and trailer for optimum traction. Wet clutch ensures longevity.
- Dual-circuit, all-wheel braking system uses full-power hydraulic system actuating enclosed, oil immersed, multi-disc brakes. Independent front and rear circuits and accumulators deliver smooth control.
- Center axle parking brake is elevated away from damage. Spring applied with hydraulic release.
Product Link™ connects owners to their equipment, providing access to machine data such as location, hours, fuel consumption, idle…
- Product Link™ connects owners to their equipment, providing access to machine data such as location, hours, fuel consumption, idle time and events, and diagnostic codes.
Caterpillar design, manufacturing and customer service help ensure peak performance and uptime.Long service intervals keep your ma…
- Caterpillar design, manufacturing and customer service help ensure peak performance and uptime.
- Long service intervals keep your machine operating.
- Lubrication points are grouped near the hitch for fast, easy routine maintenance.
- Universal joints are sealed and lubed for long life.
- Optional autolube system saves time and includes alerts via Product Link for low levels and fault codes.
- Radiator package is located behind the cab for protection and uses extended-life coolant to stretch change intervals.
- Electrical service center is located inside the cab and provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector for use with Electronic Technician (ET) software-equipped laptop computer.
- Easy access to transmission, drive shafts, hydraulic pumps and electrical and hydraulic interfaces provided with tilt-to-side cab and access panel.
- Service points are conveniently located on the left side of the engine, under the electrically raised hood.
Caterpillar designs and functions with great concern for the environment.Cat C9.3 engine incorporates the Cat Clean Emission Modul…
- Caterpillar designs and functions with great concern for the environment.
- Cat C9.3 engine incorporates the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards. The system uses both Ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or up to B20 bio-diesel blended with ULSD.
- All Cat C Series Articulated Trucks are designed for long lifecycles with machines using reman components and machine rebuilds to maximize use of every part, minimizing waste.
Standard Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Object Protection System (FOPS) protect operators.The 725C2 includes a rea…
- Standard Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Object Protection System (FOPS) protect operators.
- The 725C2 includes a rearview camera system which provides a continuous panoramic rear view, or activates only when reverse gear is selected.
- Secondary and parking brake functions are spring applied/hydraulically released for an extra measure of safe operation.
- Systems allow shutdown and prohibit start-up from ground level. Includes external engine fuel cut-off and electrical system disconnect.
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed maintaining full steering control.
- Punched steel, slip resistant walkways work with extensive handrails and internal/external grab handles enhancing access/egress safety.
- 75 mm (3 in) wide seat belts keep operator and passenger safely in place.
- Visibility is optimized with sweeping hood design and wide angled mirrors.
- Alarms notify operator when body is in raised position and when reverse gear is selected.
- Maximum speed limiter can be set as conditions require.
- Locking pin can be engaged when dump body is raised for inspection and maintenance.
Dashboard Liquid Crystal Display (LCD):
- Alert indicator, selected gear and direction, speed or auto shift, review operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM), primary steering failure, seat belt warning, secondary steering failure, Machine Security System (MSS), secondary steering energy source engaged, hour meter and retarder active
Machine Operation Monitoring System includes:
- Action lamp, engine oil pressure, primary steering system, left turn signal, high beam, coolant temperature, tachometer, parking brake, fuel level, right turn signal, transmission oil temperature, brake system, transmission hold, hoist control, hydraulic system, charging system, retarder, transmission fault, traction control system, check engine lamp
Engine Model Cat C9.3 Bore 4.53 in Stroke 5.87 in Displacement 567 in³ Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995) 1173 lb/ft Net Power - SAE J1349 314 HP Net Power - ISO 14396 316 HP No Engine De-rating Below 7500 ft Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349) 1160 lb/ft Peak Engine Torque Speed 1200 r/min Engine Model - U.S. EPA Tier 2/EU Stage II Equivalent Cat® C9.3 Gross Power - SAE J1995 320 HP Emissions The 725C2 meets Tier 2/Stage II equivalent emission standards. Note (1) The power ratings apply at rated speed of 1,800 rpm when tested under the conditions for the specified standard. Note (3) Net power when the fan is at maximum speed is 214 kW (287 hp) per the SAE reference conditions. Note (2) The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, muffler and fan at minimum speed.
Rated Payload 26.5 t
Heaped (SAE 2:1) 19.6 yd³ Struck 14.4 yd³ Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1 20.4 yd³ Tailgate Struck 14.5 yd³
Forward - 1 5 mile/h Forward - 2 9 mile/h Forward - 3 14 mile/h Forward - 4 21 mile/h Forward - 5 29 mile/h Forward - 6 36 mile/h Reverse - 1 6 mile/h
Interior Cab 76 dB(A) Note (1) The operator sound exposure Leq (equivalent sound pressure level) measured according to the work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT 98 is 76 dB(A), for the cab offered by Caterpillar, when properly installed and maintained and tested with the doors and windows closed. Note (2) Hearing protection may be needed when operating with an open operator station and cab (when not properly maintained or doors/windows open) for extended periods or in noisy environments.
Total - Empty 50211 lb Center Axle - Rated Load 23700 lb Front Axle - Empty 31008 lb Rear Axle - Loaded 33025 lb Center Axle - Empty 9877 lb Front Axle - Rated Load 5512 lb Total - Rated Load 52912 lb Center Axle - Loaded 33576 lb Rear Axle - Empty 9326 lb Rear Axle - Rated Load 23700 lb Front Axle - Loaded 36520 lb Total - Loaded 103121 lb
Service Refill Capacities
Fuel Tank 108.8 gal (US) Cooling System 21.9 gal (US) Hydraulic System 29.1 gal (US) Engine Crankcase 10 gal (US) Transmission 12.4 gal (US) Final Drives/Differential 33 gal (US) Output Transfer Gear Box 6.3 gal (US)
Raise Time 10 s Lower Time 8 s
Lock to Lock 4.75 seconds @ 60 rpm
Brakes ISO 3450 – 2011 Cab - FOPS ISO 3449 Level II – 2005 Cab - ROPS ISO 3471 – 2008 Steering ISO 5010 – 2007
Type High strength Brinell HB450 wear resistant steel
Turning Dimensions - Clearance Radius 318 in Turning Dimensions - Steer Angle - Left/Right 45° Note Dimensions are for machines equipped with 23.5R25 tires. Turning Dimensions - SAE Turning Radius 294 in Turning Dimensions - Aisle Width 210 in Turning Dimensions - Inside Radius 153 in
Frequently Compared Machines
See how this model compares against similar machines to find the perfect match.
We have an extensive team of experts to help you enhance every aspect of your operations.